I am not in New Orleans celebrating Mardi Gras. No beads, just the nerdiest name tag badge imaginable. No fausnaughts , but plenty of chocolate. Here is how I lived up to Fat Tuesday’s expectations.
1. Attended a conference in the Sweetest Place on Earth.
2. Laughed aloud during the key note speaker’s presentation at a friend’s ability to teach a lesson on hash-tagging.
3. Experienced claustrophobia at its finest.
4. Browsed the vendor hall.
5. Stopped only at vendors with chocolate.
4. Posed for a Polaroid because noone else was brave enough.
5. Used said Polaroid as a conversation starter.
6. Admitted my addiction to lipgloss.
7. Tabulated chocolate consumption. – 5 Reeses cups, 1 Goodbar, 2 Butterfingers, 2 York Peppermint Patties, 1 Twix, 1 Hershey’s Nugget with Almonds.
Fat Tuesday. They were small. Do not judge. I could be out collecting beads today.
8. Came home…dumped M&M’s into a jar of peanut butter. Ate with a spoon. #twice.
9. Realized yet again, I am all or nothing girl. Done. No nut butters. No sweets.
10. Channeled Fat
Your life doesn’t seem that lame after all does it? Just wanted to bring you back to reality. I am much more legit than ABC. If you are still watching The Bachelor, which Sweet Brown, I am not… I think you can find a better option.
New Orleans style or not, life is what you make it.